The secret to good muffins is not to over-mix. The riper the banana, the sweeter, and toast the pecans first - you'll be glad you did. I only make six because they don't stay crunchy for long and the tops are the best part
1/3 cup finely diced toasted pecans
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon vegetable oil (or melted butter)
2/3 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup milk (I use 1% low fat)
1/4 cup vegetable oil (I use extra light olive oil)
1 large egg
3/4 cup mashed ripe banana (a 7 ounce banana, mashed with a fork)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/3 cup diced pecans
1. Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease a 6-cup muffin pan or insert paper liners.
2. Finely dice 2/3 cup toasted pecans and set aside.
3. For the topping, combine half of the nuts (1/3 cup), brown sugar & oil in a cup and set aside.
4. In a large bowl combine the oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
5. In a smaller bowl using a hand mixer on low speed, beat the milk, oil, egg, banana, and vanilla until smooth, about 20 seconds.
6. Fold banana mixture into flour mixture, followed by remaining 1/3 cup pecans.
7. Divide batter between muffin cups & top each one with nut mixture, pressing down lightly. Bake for 20-25 minutes (23 minutes works for me).
stluee: Hi, I am placing forums on my new marquee.I have yours there.
Apr 13, 2019 15:51:51 GMT -8
Shaliza: Thanks for doing that at stluee. If you want to make a thread for your board in the member sites board and leave me your code, I will be happy to add it to our affiliates here.
Apr 13, 2019 17:54:31 GMT -8
Shaliza: Glad everyone likes the text next to your username when you log in. I added that after I found out how from the Support Board.
Apr 13, 2019 17:55:28 GMT -8
Shaliza: Be sure to check the Admins forum log for updates like this from time to time.
Apr 13, 2019 18:05:39 GMT -8